Questions and answers

New method of calculating the network fee starting in 2024

What is a time block?

A time block is a period within the day and is separately determined for the high and low seasons, as well as for working days and work-free days.

When does the high season apply and when does the low season apply?

The high season will last from November to February, while the low season will be from March to October.

How do I know which user group I belong to?

Article 7 of the Act defines five user groups (0-4), where system users are classified based on voltage level and connection method.

What is the agreed billing capacity?

It is a predetermined billing capacity of the system user, which must not exceed the connection power from the connection consent. It is determined each year by the grid operator based on the type of system user and the method specified in the Act.

Is it possible to change the agreed billing capacity after the deadline has passed?

Yes. The user can specify the time period to which the change applies. A change in the agreed capacity can be requested for a period of at least one calendar month, but only in advance from the first day of the following month if the request is submitted by the eighth day of the month at the latest. The change in the agreed billing capacity is free of charge, and the grid operator has 20 days from the date of receiving the request to calculate the new value.

How do I change the agreed billing capacity?

You can change the agreed capacity by regular mail or email through your supplier or grid operator, as well as through the website

How will I know who will inform me about the new agreed billing capacity?

If you are receiving a combined invoice for electricity and network charges your supplier will inform you about the new agreed capacity for the consumption point. Otherwise, you will receive a notification on your network charge invoice.

What is excess billing capacity?

It refers to any 15-minute excess that, within a specific time block during the billing month, exceeds the agreed billing capacity. It is calculated in kW and rounded to one decimal place.

What about billing capacity in case of connection or disconnection within a month?

In the case of a system user's connection/disconnection within a monthly period, the grid operator calculates the network charge for power proportionally based on the number of days the system was in use within that month.

How is the network charge calculated in the case of temporary system usage?

In the event of a contract being concluded for the use of the system for a period shorter than one year, during the contract's duration, the grid operator charges the network fee for energy and power in accordance with Article 17 of the Act, multiplying the latter by a surcharge factor. The amount of the surcharge depends on the duration of the temporary connection (Article 28 of the Act).

How will the new tariff items be calculated?

The power tariff item will be charged based on the agreed and excess billing capacities of the user in EUR/kW.

The energy tariff item will be calculated based on the consumed active electrical energy from the grid in EUR/kWh, taking into account the classification of the system user into user groups and the usage of the system within specific time blocks.

Other questions

Who is a business client?

Business client is a customer who buys electricity for his own use and it is not intended for household use.

Who is a small-business client?

Small-business client is a low voltage customer that is not a household customer but has a connection power of less than 43Kw.

Who is the end customer?

This is a natural or legal person who buys electricity for their own use.

What are a renewable energy sources?

Renewable energy sources are non-fossil energy sources (sun, wind, hydrothermal energy, biomass, hydropower etc.).

What is a Guarantee of Origin (GO)?

Pursuant to Article 313 of the Energy Act (EZ-1), a guarantee of origin is a public electronic document proving that a certain quantity of electricity is produced in high-efficiency co-generation either from renewable or from non-renewable energy sources.

It is issued by the Energy Agency at the request of a producer. The standard unit for issuing guarantees of origin is 1 MWh.

What is Emergency Energy Assistance?

The vulnerable customer may be granted an emergency electricity supply upon submission of appropriate evidence. A vulnerable customer is a household customer who, due to his difficult financial and income situation, cannot provide another source of energy for household use that would cause him the same or lower costs for the most urgent household use.

What is an emergency energy supply?

An emergency power supply is a measure where the disconnection of power is postponed and is only used in extreme cases when the customer demonstrates that in the event of a power disconnection, the life and health of the vulnerable customer and persons living with him/her in the joint household would be endangered.

According to Article 51 of Energy Act (EZ-1), a vulnerable customer is a household member who, due to his/her financial situation, income, other social circumstances and living conditions, cannot provide another source of energy for household use that would cause him equal or lower costs for the most urgent household needs.

What is a network charge?

According to the Energy Act, the network charge is the amount that the user of the system is obliged to pay for the use of the electricity transmission and distribution system. The amount is intended to cover the eligible costs of electricity operators for the management, maintenance and development of networks, electricity metering, processing and transmission of metering data, and the issuance of consents and project conditions, and coverage of electricity losses in the network.

The customer may pay the network charge to the competent electricity distribution company by a separate account or to the electricity supplier by a joint account.

Disconnection of metering point from the network

Disconnection of metering point from the network can be done for reasons such as: the system user's own wish, outstanding amount for network charge, absence of notification of concluding a new supply contract or timely and complete application / request, decision of a legal authority, etc.

Depending on these circumstances, the distribution operator may make several types of disconnections from the distribution network:

- temporary disconnection,
- disconnection after disconnection notice,
- disconnection without prior disconnection notice,
- disconnection at the request of the system user, and
- disconnection at the decision of the competent authority.

For the purpose of disconnection at the request of the system user, it is necessary to send us a written request for disconnection with the completed and signed form “Application of the owner for disconnection” with which the request for disconnection of the specified one metering point and termination of the contract on the use of the system in accordance with Article 153 of the Energy Act is issued.

Connection of the measuring point to the network

In the case of connecting a new metering point to the network, it is necessary to submit to us before concluding the contract:
- a written request for the connection of a metering point;
- a copy of the document »Consent for connection to the distribution network«, which is obtained by registering the metering point with the electricity distributor, and
- if necessary, other supporting documentation.

In the case of reconnection, the system operator is obliged to reconnect the system user to the system in the event that the user meets all the conditions for connection, whereby the user bears the costs of reconnection.


If the disconnection of the metering point from the network is longer than three (3) years, the system user must obtain a new consent for connection to the system according to Article 270 of Energy Act and conclude a new contract before reconnection.

* More information on when you need to obtain a new consent for connection can be found on the website of your system operator to which you are (have been) connected.

What is a connection agreement?

A connection agreement is an agreement between the owner/occupier and electricity operator. This agreement will set out the necessary terms and conditions related to the connection, the network charge for the connection power and the payment.

What is a price list?

Price list shows prices for a certain type of customer (business, household).

Can the monthly bill be based on actual consumption, even though the current meter does not allow it?

Yes, but you must send us the electricity meter reading to our e-mail address until the 10th of the month.

How do I change mailing address?

Change of the mailing address means changing the address to which invoices and other mail are sent.

If you want to change the address for sending mail at the metering point, you need to send us the completed and signed form "Application for recording the address for sending mail", whereby the owner and the payer remain unchanged.

The customer is obliged to notify us and ELES in writing of this change, no later than 8 (eight) days after the change.

Please find the form on our website under the heading »Customer Support« »Forms«.

How do I change a payer /owner at the metering point?

The change of payer/owner at the metering point should be notified in writing no later than within 30 days of the change, to our e-mail address, with the duly completed and signed consent/application and the relevant evidence. Please find the form on our website under the heading »Customer Support« »Forms«.

You can change the payer/owner of MP (metering point) by sending us:

- a completed and signedform “Owner's consent for registration of the payer or Application for change of owner”
(in case of a change of owner and payer, fill in both),
- data on measuring points,
- relevant documents proving the change of ownership of the building with a connection (land registry extract, certified copy of the purchase contract, final decision on inheritance, …), and
- handover record, which shows the meter reading and date of handover.

We will then enter into an electricity supply contract with the new payer/owner, provided that all obligations to the distribution operator are settled at that time.

Switching electricity supplier.

If you intend to change the supplier for the supply of electricity, send us a written request together with duly signed documentation and a complete list of metering points, taking into account that the deadline for submitting a complete application to change suppliers at ELES is at least 21 days before the expiration of the old contract with your current supplier. We will prepare a suitable offer for you and submit an application / request for you to change supplier to ELES

The change of supplier will be completed on the 21st day from the submission of a complete application to the system operator. The change of supplier is free of charge in accordance with the second paragraph of Article 40 of Energy Act.

Information required when changing suppliers

For the purpose of changing the supplier, it is necessary to submit:

- a written request from the buyer of the intention to change the supplier,
- concluded contract or annex on electricity supply, and
- the appropriate form for the purpose of obtaining data on metering points or the consent of the owners.

For the purpose of concluding the contract, the following information is needed:

- information on the payer (tax number, registration number, address, responsible person),
- number of the metering point, name and address,
- delivery period,
- payment deadline,
- the desired share of green energy,
- type of account, and
- the method of forwarding the electricity supply bill.

How to read the electricity meter properly?

Electricity meter status must always be read without a decimal point, in the case of single-tariff metering, send us only one ET metering, and in the case of two-tariff metering, VT and MT.

In which cases does an authorized person must do the meter reading?

- first time, when connecting electricity meter,
- in the month of billing (if the meter is available),
- when replacing the meter,
- at the request of the customer (service is charged)
- at a permanent disconnection (PD)

In which case the customer can send the reading of the electricity meter himself?

- When the authorized person of the local electricity distribution company could not read meter balance due to the inaccessibility of the meter,
- at its own request in the case of a price change, within five working days from the day the price change was made,
- when he wants to change amount of instalment.
- when he wants to make a complaint on a bill he received,
- when he wants to make a request for control statement,
- when he wants to make an informative calculation himself through the portal My account.

When listing the meter, the customer must be careful to read all numbers as explained earlier. In the case of a two-tariff meter, he must read both tariffs (VT and MT).

How to read the electricity meter?

Always read the counter status without a decimal point!

How can I submit the meter reading?

You can inform us of the meter reading of your meters free of charge:
- by phone +386 1 2926 166; +386 1 2926 169
- to the e-mail address or to the e-mail address of your contract administrator.

Report the balance for the previous period from the 1st to the 5th day of the month.

How do I register for My account?

You can enter the “My account” application only with a valid username and password, which are generated automatically when concluding a contract for the supply of electricity with us.

You will receive your login password and username for access to the user account together with a notice on the customer portal for HEP Energija customers - My account, which you will receive at a valid e-mail and postal address.

The use of the application is only possible for business customers who have a contract for the supply of electricity with us.

I have a property in Croatia: can I pay the electricity bill with you?

Payment and acquisition of bills for electricity consumption on real estate located in the territory of the state of Croatia is not possible in Slovenia.

For further information, please be free to contact:
- e-mail:;
- customer support centre: HEP Oskrba (Hepi): +385 1 6323 900 or HEP Elektra: +385 1 6472 368
- or edit your user account in one of the applications on the website, where you will be able to access your data anywhere and anytime.